The Information we collect
The Church will collect general information about you, such as your name, address, contact details so the Church can contact you. We may also collect this and other types of personal information during the course of dealing with you, for example when you wish to obtain goods or services from the Church, when you register for conferences or events, and when you participate in Church activities or complete other forms. The information collected may include some sensitive information (as defined by the Privacy Act), such as health information or information about your beliefs, relevant to the services or assistance you have requested from the Church.
Where practicable, the purpose for which we collect personal information will be made clear at the time of collection.
Users can generally visit the Church website without revealing who they are or other personal information unless they log on, place an order or register with us. The Church will not collect any personal information about visitors to the website except when they knowingly provide it.
How we use your information
- To establish and maintain your involvement with the Church, including providing you with newsletters
- To provide the products or services you have requested from the Church
- To answer your inquiry
- To register you for events, conferences or promotions
- To assist us to make the Church’s sites, services and products more valuable to our community
- For direct promotion of events or services and to keep you informed of new developments we believe may be of interest to you
- To third parties where we have retained those third parties to assist us to operate the Church and provide the products or services you have requested, such as religious education instructors, church catering and event coordinators, church transport providers, and our professional advisers such as consultants, lawyers and accountants
Access to your Information
You can request access to the personal information that the Church holds about you by contacting the Church Administration Office. We will provide you with access to your personal information unless we are legally authorised to refuse your request. If you wish to change personal information that is out of date or inaccurate at any time please contact us. After notice from you, we will take reasonable steps to correct any of your information which is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. If you wish to have your personal information deleted please let us know and we will delete that information wherever practicable.
The Church will take reasonable steps to keep secure any personal information which we hold and to keep this information accurate and up to date. Personal information is stored in a secure server or secure files. The Internet is not a secure method of transmitting information. Accordingly, the Church cannot accept responsibility for the security of information you send to or receive from us over the Internet or for any unauthorised access or use of that information.